Disclosure: This is a sponsored post by Block Advisors. Sponsored posts help support this site (and me) so thank you for reading!
I’ve never liked doing my taxes (like most of you I assume), but when I started my own business 7 years ago, I had no idea how much harder filing taxes would become. My husband and I quickly realized that we needed some professional tax advice so we looked for a tax advisor who could guide us on what we needed to do throughout the year so that not only could we be in compliance, but so we were prepared for what we might owe in April. From my experience, I have found that year round tax prep and planning really relieves a lot of stress and puts my mind at ease.
Here are 5 tips for finding a tax professional who can give you piece of mind as well:
- Experience. A tax advisor should have experience behind them so that they will know how to handle your personal situation. Taxes are not a “one size fits all” so it is important to work with someone who can handle your personal financial situation. At Block Advisors their tax experts have on average over 15 years of tax experience so they know what they are doing and they have probably seen it all!
- Customer Support. Tax professionals should also value your time while giving the best support available. We live busy lives between work, kids, after school activities, family functions, etc., so I like that Block Advisors allow customers to drop off documents when convenient. And they are always there to meet in person if needed too.
- Year–Round Planning. This one is huge! Planning and staying organized will give you less stress when tax day comes around. When you work with Block Advisors, you will get a dedicated tax advisor that is available all year long so you can ask questions along the way. Plus, when you plan, you can be confident that not only will your tax return be accurate, but you will also get the best financial outcome.
- Protection. If the IRS ever requests an audit, you want someone who can help you through the process. At Block Advisors they stand by their work so if the IRS ever questions a return, your tax professional will be there by your side, helping you.
- Small Business Needs. This one doesn’t fit everyone, but for those of you that are like me and have a small business, you know that taxes can get complicated quickly. A tax advisor can help you know when and what you need to pay. When you are looking for a financial advisor, look for someone who will help you with your taxes, AND other important financial factors like bookkeeping, paying bills, payroll, an A/R monitoring.
I have felt such relief having a tax professional that I can rely on for my personal and business financial questions. Do you use a tax professional? What tips do you have?
Like these deals? Don’t forget to sign up for the Saving Cents with Sense Newsletter to find deals, coupons, and money saving tips in your mailbox each day. You can also follow on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest This site uses affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.