Is there anything better to start your day than a warm scone and cup of coffee?
Starbucks fans! You won’t want to miss this Copycat Starbuck’s Petite Vanilla Bean Scones recipe. This is delicious and will help you save a few bucks by making them yourself. Plus, now you can impress your friends and family.
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Cold Butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg1/2 Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 6-7 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.Whisk or pulse in a food processor to mix.Add butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or pulse in food processor until mixture resembles cornmeal texture.
- In another bowl, whisk together cream, egg, vanilla scraping and extract.Add liquid to flour mixture and pulse until just combined or stir by hand until dough forms a ball.
- Put the dough onto a floured surface then knead briefly until dough comes together.
- Roll out dough to about 1/2″ thickness.Cut dough into 8 rectangles or squares. Then cut each or this on one diagonal and then on the other, creating 32 petite scones.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and back 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to get golden brown.Transfer scones to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients, adding cream one table spoon at a time to achieve desired thickness.
- Dip cooled scones in glaze then place back onto cooling rack to harden.
You may like these other copycat recipes:
Like these deals? Don’t forget to sign up for the Saving Cents with Sense Newsletter to find deals, coupons, and money saving tips in your mailbox each day. You can also follow on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest This site uses affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.