Tips to Recycle in the Bathroom & Repurpose Beauty Products
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, however, this post contains my opinions and experiences and was not altered by the sponsor.
If you are like my family, you most likely recycle many products. We have a recycle bin in our kitchen – but I honestly haven’t thought about recycling in the bathroom have you?
Well, I’m not alone – According to a report from Johnson & Johnson, 7 out of 10 Americans say they always or almost always recycle, but only 1 in 5 Americans consistently recycle in the bathroom. Many consumers don’t even realize that most products commonly used in the bathroom, such as shampoo, lotion and cleanser bottles, can be recycled. The sad fact is that each year, Americans throw away enough 15-oz. shampoo bottles to fill 1,164 football fields—that’s 18,000 tons of plastic ending up in landfills – YIKES!
To help this issue, Johnson & Johnson has launched CARE TO RECYCLE™, a recycling campaign that encourages people to recycle more items from the bathroom. You can check out the website for some helpful information and tips on what can and can’t be recycled.
Not only can you recycle, but you can also repurpose empty beauty products – and you know I love that because it is also a way to save money! Need some inspiration? Here are some ideas:
- Cut off the tops of your old shampoo bottles and use them as pencil & jewelry holders for your everyday needs
- Take your shampoo bottles and repurpose them as an eco-friendly flower vase
- Recycle your shampoo bottles and use them as an easy, inexpensive way to store make-up brushes
- Repurpose your old lotion bottles and turn them into holders for charging your cell phone
- Use an old plastic bottle as a way to amplify the volume of your cell phone speakers (perfect for your desk!)
- Repurpose an empty plastic bottle and use as a shovel for gardening and tending to plants around the house
What other ways can you repurpose products? I’d love to hear your ideas!
One lucky Saving Cents With Sense winner will win a Johnson & Johnson gift pack with some of your favorites! Items include:
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- Clean & Clear Essentials Foaming Facial Cleanser
- LISTERINE FRESHBURST Antiseptic
- Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Facial Cleanser
- JOHNSON’S Baby Oil (multiple)
- JOHNSON’S Baby Lotion
- JOHNSON’S Baby Shampoo
- JOHNSON’S Baby Powder
This giveaway ends Friday, November 22, 2013 at 11:59pm MST. Giveaway open to US residents only. The winner will be chosen using rafflecopter.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post, however, it was written by me and was not edited by the sponsor. Read more on my Disclosure page . Please be sure to review the Giveaway Terms & Conditions before entering this contest.
Like these deals? Don’t forget to sign up for the Saving Cents with Sense Newsletter to find deals, coupons, and money saving tips in your mailbox each day. You can also follow on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest This site uses affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.